Zucchini and chickpea pancakes
Preparation time 15min
Cooking time: 15-25 min
Ingredients for pancakes ( makes around 16 medium size pancakes)
3 small zucchini ( grated )
2 onion grated
4 cloves of garlic
1 can, drained chickpea
1 can, drained beans
1 yellow bell pepper
1 egg ( optional)
1 teaspoon of chilli paste
Almond oil ( or any other oil for frying, this is optional, you and also us pan without any grease)
You will need food processor, or manual food grater and big mixing bowl.
1. Grate zucchini, bell pepper and onion, place to mixing bowl.
2. Blend chickpea and beans until the consistency is smooth ( or paste like).
3. Add the mix to grated zucchini.
4. Add garlic, salt, pepper and chilli paste.
5. Mix everything until all ingredients are mixed nicely.
6*. Here is the time when you can add the egg but is not mandatory.
If you decided to add it mix everything together.
7. Add flour.
8. Heat up the oil on the pan and using spoon place spoon full of the mix and flatten it with the back of the spoon.
9. Fry it for 2-4min on each site on medium heat, turn over and serve when pancake will turn brownish.
10.* you can also add pesto and mozzarella to the mix !
Ingredients for dill and garlic dip:
1 bunch of fresh dill
3 cloves of garlic (mince or grated)
250 sour cream
cut dill and mix all ingredients together and keep on refrigerator for 15min.
Labels: food, healthy, main, recipe, vegetarian