Ingredients ( for 23 small falafel):
2 cans of chickpea
1 bunch of parsley
1 bunch of coriander
1 onion- chopped
4 cloves of garlic
1 lemon ( juice)
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
1 tsp of cumin
3/4 tsp of turmeric
pinch of ground cardamon ( if you like)
1 table spoon of gluten free flour
1. Pour the chickpea, onion, parsley, coriander, garlic and spices and lemon juice to your food processor
2. Pulse all ingredients together for few minutes until coarse meal forms. Scrape the sides of the processor and pulse for another minute. Process until the mixture has paste type texture.
3. Once the desire consistency is achieved add flour and mix all ingredients ( can do it with fork )
4. If you want to fry your falafels this is the time to heat up the pan and the oil, if you want to bake them ( like me ) preheat the oven 190C (375F).
5. I used table spoon to roll one falafel. From my mixture I made 23 falafels, some of them I rolled in sesame seeds.
6. Once you roll all of them, put them to the oven for 35-40 min. Half way turn them
7. While your falafel is baking, make some delicious dips.
Home made falafel served in pita bread with salad, guacamole and tzatziki.
Home made guacamole
2 ripe avocados
1 green chili
1 red chili
1 red onion- chopped
2 lemons - juiced
Mix all ingredients in the food processor, pulse them for couple of minutes until all ingredients create smooth and creamy consistence.
Labels: food, healthy, main, recipe, vegetarian