Hello my lovelies
Its been a while since my last post.
It has been very busy week, well 2 weeks actually. But few more days and I will have 3 days off.
Today I would like to talk to my addiction to CHIA SEEDS .
I have them in my morning fresca water, with smooties and puddings, oatmeal...... ohhh you can make all sorts of delicious things with chia.
Why Chia is good for us:
- Chia seeds are packed with omega-3 fatty acids, with nearly five grams in a one-ounce serving. These fats are important for brain health
- Manganese isn't a well-known nutrient, but it's important for our health: it's good for your bones and helps your body use other essential nutrients
- Chia seeds also make a great source of protein
- Reduce your blood pressure: There's evidence to suggest they can reduce blood pressure.
- They are also great for athletes because the "chia gel" can hydrate the body.
- Chia seeds are an excellent source of fiber, with a whopping 10 grams in only 2 tablespoons.
- Two tablespoons of chia seeds contain 18 percent of the DRI for calcium, 35 percent for phosphorus, 24 percent for magnesium and about 50 percent for manganese.
- Chia seeds contain no gluten or grains.
- Unlike flaxseeds, which are also high in omega-3 fatty acids, fiber and minerals, chia seeds do not need to be ground in order to obtain their nutrient or egg- replacement benefits.
They are very easy to make. Just add water, milk or blended fruit and enjoy amazing texture and flavor.
I hope that you will like my ideas, I will post full recipes in my next post tomorrw.
And today is bed time, 12h shift tomorrow need my beauty sleep.